Sunday, February 27, 2005

My Movie of the Year

My Movie of the Year: The Motorcycle Diaries
The Motorcycle Diaries

This movie struck me deep. I went into it not really knowing who Che was in history. To me the movie resonated with me, being about a medical student who wanted to get out, travel the world and help people. It was a process of self discovery that almost inspired me to take a break from medical school and travel around the world. So much can be learned from traveling and seeing how other people live. This trip clearly influenced Che.

But, beyond my personal interest in the movie, it was fabulous. Of course the cinematography and acting was great. But the screenplay and story really showed the reasons behind Che's later political attitudes. The movie did a marvelous job of showing how the experiences on this trip influence Che deeply. But, it did it so subtly, without even directly relating to later politics.

It was also a movie that should inspire all of us to help the less fortunate.

"Let the world change you... and you can change the world."

No comments: